Original Art and How to Buy
Buying framed textile art from Jan
Over the past several years I would only sell my textile art, in person, at art shows. I didn’t want the complication of keeping the portfolio up-to-date on my website or struggling with shipping. But last year I had so many requests to ship artwork, I got used to the idea. So, I am now making it possible to view an up-to-date portfolio on my website and buy the framed art direct from me without going to an art show. However, it still requires more than clicking “order” and entering a credit card number. Because, we need to talk or email about price and the logistics.
Keeping the web site current, though; I will have to work hard on that. Click here to link to the portfolio.
My artwork is priced from $119 up to $900 depending upon the size and how it is framed. The framing is usually $50 to $150: again, depending upon the size. Are you concerned about ordering from me? Here are some details to help make the decision comfortable.
Who makes the artwork? Janet Herman. Do you stitch this by hand? No. I stitch it with a basic sewing machine. If it were even possible to stitch this by hand, the price and time to make would more than quadruple. Where do you ship from? Janet’s non-smoking, non-pet home near Polk City, Florida. Can I return it if it isn’t what I thought it would be? Yes, but we should both hope that does not happen.
There is only one of each art piece and its sale could happen at any time. I can try to create a similar piece to a sold original. For that, see commissioned textile art.
Email me at Jan@janhermanart.com to verify that artwork you are interested in buying is available. Emails reach me everywhere. If you prefer to phone, leave a message at my studio at 863-874-4316 and I will return your call. Then, we can exchange cell phone numbers and addresses for better contact. Major credit cards are accepted and I will accept checks. Of course, sales tax must be added to anything shipping to a Florida address. If you wish, you may arrange an appointment to view and purchase the art from my home studio; or, if you live in central Florida I may be able to deliver.
Packaging to ship
I double box the art and include massive amounts of bubble wrap.
It has been my experience that UPS shipping, with insurance, of an 11×14 framed piece will be about $30; a 16×20 framed piece will be $60 or more. UPS shipping is the only way to ship art where insurance is allowed. In most cases I can ship within three days. You will be charged separately for the exact shipping charge.
I will gift wrap your art purchase and ship to any location in continental USA. I will even include a note card with your sentiments. There is normally no charge for this.
While I understand “returns” can happen, if the return is just a change of heart, or it doesn’t match the couch, I expect you to pay for the shipping and insurance both ways. This would be considered “shipping on approval.” If the reason for return is my fault, I will refund your purchase price, plus shipping. Refer to my “Terms and Conditions” page here.
Shipping on Approval
This is popular among galleries with established clients. The “buyer” is responsible for paying shipping both ways. If you wish to purchase with an option to return it, please be willing to accept responsibility for shipping cost. My work is being offered to you at lower than gallery cost at this time. When, and if, I accept gallery representation, my prices will necessarily double.
Birds & Feathers
- Blue Throat Hummingbird 8×10 Textile Art, double matted, in 11×14 narrow oak frame, as shown
- Wood Thrush 5×7 Textile Art, double matted, in 8×10 standard frame, as shown
- Hibiscus 8×10 Textile Art, double matted, in 11×14 standard frame, as shown
- Limpkin 11×14 Textile Art, double matted in 16×20 narrow oak frame, as shown
- Ibis on Beach 8×20 Textile Art in 8×20 custom cream/gold frame, as shown
- Dancing on Sand 8×20 Textile Art in 8×20 custom cream/gold frame, as shown
- Scrub Jay 5×7 Textile Art, double matted in 8×10 dark gray glazed frame, as shown
- Rosy Finch 5×7 Textile Art, double matted in 8×10 dark gray glazed frame, as shown
- Eagle’s View 8×10 Textile Art, double matted in 11×14 narrow oak frame, as shown
- Painted Feather 5×10 Textile Art in custom 5×10″ 1″ thick wood frame without glass, as shown
- Wind Feather 5×10 Textile Art in custom 5×10″ 1″ thick wood frame without glass, as shown
- Pelican Splashdown 8×10 Textile Art double matted in 11×14 black glazed standard frame, as shown
- Reflected Willet 9×12 Textile Art double matted in 11×14 brown glazed standard frame, as shown
- The Blue Ridge 13×17 Textile Art double matted in 16×20 black glazed frame, as shown
- Solitude 8×10 Textile Art Landscape double matted in 11×14 driftwood glazed oak frame
- American Bistort Wildflower 5×7 Textile Art, double matted in white standard frame, as shown
- Chicory Vibrations 5×7 Textile Art, double matted in white standard frame, as shown
- Victorian Bonnet Feathers 5×7 Textile Art, double matted in 8×10 white frame, as shown
Availability and above descriptions could change at any time. Please verify. This listing does not include all of my original art. I have more artwork pending.